Midwife...or...OB
We are now in week 4 and we are trying to find someone to care for our little one who we have now named Lil' beans. He/she is about the size of a poppy seed right now.
We went to a birth center yesterday that totally freaked me out. It was horrible. The people were nice, but the facility looked like some creepy motel six in the middle of podunk. We couldn't get out of there quick enough.
We have an appointment to check out the Hollywood Birth Center next Wed. The place looks cute and they have been around for 20 years. When I called to schedule a tour they told me that their main midwife was retiring in October and they had no idea who was going to take over. They say the place will stay open, but it is a little bit of a concern for me.
I didn't think it would be such a difficult thing to find a good midwife and birth center in Los Angeles. I may have to bite the bullet and go for the hospital birth if I can't find an alternative soon. I made an appointment with my friends OB for an initial visit in 2 weeks. She sounds great, but I would still have to compromise on my ideal birth.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home