Baby K

Monday, October 16, 2006

Sleeping Like a Baby

First off, I finally got a picture of her little toofy. Isn't it so cute!!


We have had a sleep breakthrough this week. After months of getting no more than 3 hours of sleep at a time, followed by a two week stretch of waking every hour and then playing from 2-4 am, we decided to try a sleep solution. I bought the "No Cry Sleep Solution" book and we put it into effect last Thursday night. The first night she slept 5 hours in a row, the second night she slept 7 hours in a row, all in her crib by the way. It seems to be working and much quicker than I ever thought. I am not exhausted today and it is such a wonderful feeling. Last night we had a little trouble sleeping, I think I ate too many Garlic Fries at dinner cause Ais seemed to be having gas bubbles. But she did sleep the whole night in her crib and only woke up about 3 times. Much better than the every hour thing. It is weird to have her sleeping so well on her own in her room. The first night I hardly slept at all, but I am getting used to it now. I kind of miss having her next to me, but I am totally enjoying not being in a sleep deprived fog all day.


This weekend we were supposed to go to a pumpkin patch with the grandparents, but it rained so we had to switch plans. We met both set of Grandparents at Lucille's in Brea and had a nummy and fun lunch. Grandma and Grandpa B brought her some fun toys that she played with for most of our lunch. Then we all decided to take an impromptu trip to Disneyland. It was a really fun trip to the happiest place on Earth. The tram ride was hysterical. Ais and I sat backwards facing four grinning and waving grandparents. It was so cute. We all rode on the Whinnie the Pooh ride and Brian and I got to ride Pirates while Grammy Sue watched Aisling while she napped. It was such a fun trip and this little baby is certainly loved.

Disneyland is all decked out for Halloween so we still got to take her picture by a pumpkin, of course it had mouse ears, but it worked.

She also rode the carousel with Grammy Sue, Grandpa Terry and Daddy. It was a really fun day.

Sunday we were supposed to go to the Farmer's Market with Ingrid and Fintan, but it was kind of drizzly, so we skipped it as well. We ended up just going to the grocery store and then chilling at home. It was still a nice cuddly Fall day.

1 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger IM said...

So was she still sleeping with you up until last week?

I would love to sleep with Fin (esp. when Daddy's not home) but I worry he'll crawl out of the bed. He scoots in his crib until his head mashes agasint the bumper, then he sleeps. I need a bed against a wall.

I'm glad it's finally working for you and you're getting some rest! You'll start to feel more human now!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home