Sea World
So Aisling has finally been initiated into childhood in Southern California with her first trip to meet Shamu. We made the trek down to San Diego this weekend and met up with Grammy, Grandpa, and Uncle Allen to enjoy Sea World. Aisling had the best time. I don't think I have ever seen her so excited. Her favorite things were the Penguins, The Walrus in the Clyde and Seymore show, and of course, Shamu. We were lucky enough to see Shamu doing some jumps from the underwater viewing area. It was so cool and Ais just loved it. She kept blowing kisses at Shamu and chanting the Shamu mantra she heard during the show. It was Grandpa T's birthday too, so it was fun to celebrate with him. We spent the night down there and Ais could hardly stop talking about it at night. It was really cute and really fun.
The trip to Sea World also made me realize how much she in growing up as she is losing her adorable speech impediments. She used to say Kwenguin when she was talking about Penguins and at Sea World I heard her pronounce it correctly. It was cool, but at the same time it was a little bitter sweet. No more Ahh Ahh for airplane, purple Ganket is now purple blanket and Ahhbush is now Octopus. At least she still calls elevators Elegators and Mustaches are still Musmaches, but I know their quaint pronunciation will be disappearing soon. Well, at least I still have Xander who will one day charm me with his mispronounced words, but for now his raspberries, and the way he snuffs and blinks when the wind blows in his face will have to do.
Last, but not least, Tuesday we took Ais to the Doctor. She is doing great. 33 pounds and 36 1/2 inches tall.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home