Another food bites the dust
So this breastfeeding thing is kind of a pain. We discovered after a really miserable couple of days dealing with a screaming baby that I cannot eat any chocolate, milk or cheese. The poor little thing gets the worst gas bubbles from those foods. Trust me it isn't worth eating them if I have to endure hours of her agony. We had a pretty rough day yesterday. It was already sad cause Brian had to go back to work and then she did nothing but scream for the whole afternoon. So hasta la vista milk. Today was a much better dairy free day. Hopefully in a couple of months she will outgrow it and I can eat normal again. Geez I could eat more food when I was pregnant. I sure understand why women give up on the breastfeeding thing. It is really hard, but it is so good for her and I will suffer through it to give her the best start I can.
A positive from the no cheese thing is that I had to go to Trader Joe's today or starve. I managed to get the baby fed and into the car and out the door without either of us crying too much. She did really well. We did meet up with Daddy who watched her while I scoured TJ's for soy products. Overall it was a pretty successful 2nd day on my own.

2 Comments:
Wow, that's some hard things to give up. At least you figured it out though. I was thinking about you on Monday wondering how you were handling your first day alone. I'm proud of you for actually getting out of the house. Who knew that something so seemingly simple would ever take so much effort. I sometimes feel like I deserve an award for just getting everyone out of the house and not forgetting anything! Tina
Outings are great. You're going to like them more and more, as you get the hang of it. Eventually maybe you'll make it to my house! :P As for the foods, I was in total denial but my mother swears Chocolate is off limits. Dr. Jay's web site has a whole list of what to avoid and he is adamant about avoiding dairy.
http://www.drjaygordon.com/
Post a Comment
<< Home