One week old
I can't believe a week has gone by so fast. Things have been really good. We are settling into being parents and Aisling is settling into the world in general. She is a really good baby. She mostly only cries when we change her clothes and occasionally her diaper. She was a bit fussy yesterday, I think she was overstimulated from all her visitors over the weekend. We couldn't get her to stop crying and then I put on this song that they play a the end of every Yoga class I went to when I was pregnant with her and she settled down instantly. She seems to remember it from the womb. It was really amazing and of course, made me tear up, which isn't hard to do these days. I am still post-partum. I feel much better and am speeding through recover, but I am still al little slow and emotional, but very happy.
She has a new friend too. Her Uncle Mike brought her a stuffed bear rattle and she just loves it. She even holds onto it and tries to eat his little bear head. We are calling him Bobo bear and she is so into him. It is adorable. She is also gaining weight at an incredible speed. At the doctor's yesterday she had gained 9 ounces in 3 days. She is only supposed to gain about an ounce a day, so they were very pleased and amazed. We are still watching her jaundice, but she looks so much better.
Well, better go feed our super baby. I love this mom thing. We are one big happy family.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home