Baby K

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

40 weeks and 2 days appointment

We had what will hopefully be our last appointment with the midwives today. We met with Ann and she said the baby is doing great, just comfy. She wasn't too worried about being overdue at all. She is estimating that the baby will be about 7 1/2 pounds a much better estimate than Kia's 8 1/2. So I am going to stick to Ann's guess. If we haven't gone into labor by Monday, we will have a few tests to see how the baby is doing and how much amniotic fluid is in there and then we will see what comes next whether it be induction or wait a bit more. As much as I want to meet this baby, I really don't want to be induced unless absolutely necessary. So keep sending me labor dust and maybe we will see some action in the next few days.

1 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger IM said...

Just remember there are alternatives to "chemical" induction. You don't need the drugs. Acupuncture is great. Don't do the castor oil, I hear it really screws up your bowels - and since all your pushing is really a poop sensation, you need that tract to be in tact. (woo, poetry!)

She's coming very soon, I can feel it!!! Hang in there! I can't wait to meet Aisling!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home