hyper-emesis
It only happens in 1% of pregnancies, well call me an over-achiever, but I got it this past week and it landed me in the ER for about 4 1/2 hours on Saturday morning. Before I go any farther let me assure you that baby and I are doing fine. For some reason I just couldn't keep anything, not a cracker or a sip of gatorade down starting Thursday night and by Saturday morning I was so dehydrated and miserable I headed to the ER. They loaded me up with all sorts of fluids through an IV of course, ouch needles stink!!! By the end of the first bag I was feeling better and now I feel pretty much back to normal. Well pregnant normal not normal normal.
Now all the details out of the way, the ER is a fascinating place. It really is the human drama as they claim on TLC. It was pretty empty when we got there, but by the time we left the place was filled. As we were getting checked in a woman was yelling something about getting a gown, she was later escorted off the premises by security. While I was in a room some crazy woman was wheeled by screaming something in Spanish accompanied by two policemen and hospital security. There were two little soccer boys with broken arms. And there I was hooked to an IV watching it all go by the door.
It was good to be home needless to say and recovered from vomathon 2005. I hope this is the last hospital visit till March 19th.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home