Baby K

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Mother's Day


I got to celebrate my first mother's day this past weekend. It is so weird to be getting cards and gifts. I am so used to being concerned about my own mother that it is kind of surreal to consider the day as mine too. Aisling (and Brian) got me an awesome camera. I am so excited to have my own digital camera. Now I can take pictures whenever she does something cute at any time.

It was a really nice day. We went to my Aunt and Uncle's house in Riverside. Aisling did great on the drive and was really mellow the whole day. She got to meet her cousins Gavin and Delianna. Gavin could really care less, he was more excited to see Brian. But Dilly couldn't wait to hold her and give her the bippy. She grabbed her little hand and was really attentive to her, we all cracked up though when she asked "Who bought her?" It was a great day all in all. My own mother was sick so we went to visit her afterwards to give her a dose of granddaughter medicine.

Last night was our anniversary as well. I can't believe it has been 2 years already. Grammy Sue came over and watched the baby while Brian and I went out to dinner and gorged on lots of non dairy goodies. It was pretty hard to pass on the dessert which of course would have been oozing chocolate and dairy. Ah well, next year. It was really great to get out for an hour or so, of course we couldn't stop talking about the baby.

Last but not least, I had my 6 week checkup with the midwives. I am clear to return to active duty which means I guess I have to start exercising and eating well again. Bummer......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home