Baby K

Sunday, August 06, 2006

What a Week

This week was crazy. All sorts of drama and emotional stress, but in the end everything turned out alright.


Let's start with Monday. I packed up the baby drove to Whittier to pick up my Mom, who is still not feeling well and hasn't been herself since Mother's day, to head to Riverside to see Dr. Bob. I have been dying to see him since my jaw hasn't been the same since Aisling's birth and I was hoping he could help my Mom out as well. After another hour in the car we got to his office and surprise he wasn't there. His receptionist screwed up and scheduled us on a day he was still on vacation. I was pretty annoyed and disappointed. At least we made some good out of the trip since Aunt Joan lives a few blocks from his office so we had lunch. Aunt Joan is already teaching Aisling new tricks, like how to drink out of a cup. Next she will be teaching her how to eat french fries with hot fudge.



Tuesday we were back out to Whittier to pick up my Mom, but this time we headed to the beauty salon to get our hair done. We both got spiffied up and Aisling laughed hysterically at the baby in the mirror. She was the star of the salon.


Wednesday was Norma's first day. It went really well. Aisling really likes her a lot and laughs and laughs with her. I think they will be great friends. She had some big fits when it came to nap time and feeding. She really wanted nothing to do with the bottle or the crib. It was better if I left the room so I went down to the office and cleaned. I was too emotionally frazzled to do any computer work on the wedding, but the office is totally organized now. By the end of the day she was doing really well and getting along with Norma perfectly. Norma is awesome by the way. She is from El Salvador, speaks great English has three kids and a granddaughter. She is warm and fuzzy and energetic and fun. Also, my toaster oven has never been so clean and my plants have never looked so alive. I think we got really lucky and got a great nanny.

Thursday, Aisling's official 4 month old birthday, I went out to run some errands. After I finished getting some keys made I got back in my car and it wouldn't turn over. I ended up having to call AAA and getting my car towed to the Honda dealership in Glendale. Turns out I needed a new battery. It was a real pain and I was super emotional because it was my first time out leaving the baby with someone other than Brian or a family member. Also there was the cutest little blonde baby at Target and I had to really work to compose myself. This is sooooooo hard.


Friday, I picked up the car in the morning and then came home and spent the rest of the morning with Norma and the baby. We chatted and played. Again I say how lucky we are to have Norma. We all get along great. Becca and Grandma Kettle came over in the afternoon and we went for an early dinner at BJ's. It was fun to go out with the girls and even though Grandma ate Anchovies on her pizza everything was a blast. Then it was home to wait for Brian to come home. He has been working late every night this week.

Saturday we went to Maria's for lunch and to the pottery barn to try and find her a little blanket. They didn't have quite what we were looking for but it was a fun trip anyway. Brian played with Aisling while I did some more work. She is rolling over both ways really good now. Aunt Lea sent some of Delianna's old toys over as well and she really loved playing with them. One of them plays this little song called down by the bay. I have had it stuck in my head since Friday.

Today we are just going to enjoy the day as a family. We may go swimming and have some BBQ. I am going to savor this day as tomorrow I have to go back to work and I am just heart broken about it. I don't know how I am going to be able to leave Aisling in the morning. I knew this would be hard, heck I have been dreading this day since I found out I was pregnant, but man is it really painful. I hope it gets easier as the time goes by. Right now it is a beast though. I can't sleep, I am weepy all the time and am just a bit depressed. Not like me at all. I guess I just have to rip off the band aid and adjust to a new routine. At least I know she will be well cared for during the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home