Baby K

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Dr. Visit and more



This week was another busy one. Lots of running around and big events.

Thursday we went to the pediatrician for a checkup. Aisling is now 15 pounds and 25 inches. She is growing great and the Dr. said she was very intelligent and strong. She was a little confused by the tongue depressor, but handled the visit in stride. She also had a good time staring at the baby in the mirror. She is really getting good with her hands now too. She can get her toys into her mouth now and grab things and hold onto them for a while. She learns a new trick every day it seems.

Becca came for a visit on Wednesday. It is always fun to hang out with her and baby had fun and even took 2 naps with Bec holding her. We went out to Island's for our first dinner out at a restaurant. We have only done lunches up until now. She did good as usual, I even got to eat my entire meal warm. Of course, Daddy helped and I took over after a little while. I am getting good at eating one handed.

Another big event took place on Thursday. We interviewed our first prospective nanny Elizabeth. The interview went well and we really liked her, we are going to meet some more next week too. It was pretty emotional for me. I managed to hold it together during the interview, but was pretty much a basket case before and for a long time after as well. It didn't help that Aisling has a new quirk where she screams bloody murder when she realizes that someone else is holding her. She did pretty good with the nanny for a while, and then cried. It was so heart breaking. She also did this with Becca and Roberta as well so I know it wasn't just the nanny. I think she has realized that there are other people in the world besides Mommy and Daddy.

Friday we had no power again. At least they warned us on Thursday and I was able to send my milk supply to Roberta's house for storage. I know we are good friends when she is keeping milk for me. Kind of weird, but I wasn't about to loose another batch of milk this close to going back to work. Aisling and I went to the mall to buy me an outfit for the baby shower I was helping to host for Rhiannon. Of course, there were a few stops at the baby clothes stores and I had to buy these cute pants on sale at Baby Gap for her. I am addicted to buying her clothes. We also met Brian for lunch at the food court. Aisling loved it there. She loves to people watch.

Yesterday was baby shower day for our good friend Rhiannon. I was helping out most the day so Brian took Aisling out for Father/Daughter day. He drove down to the OC to have lunch with Nana, Aunt Angie and Uncle Alex. It was his first day out with her on his own and I think he did really well. Of course, he didn't realize she was still in only a onesie until he was at lunch. Ah well, Daddies can get away with such things. I think they both had a great time together.



And finally, today Ingrid, Mark and Fintan came over for a BBQ and some pool time fun. It was Fintan's first time in the pool and he did really well. The water was a bit chilly so it took him and Aisling a little time to adjust, but they eventually both made it in and took turns riding in the turtle float. Fintan kept trying to eat him. He is such a big guy and it is amazing to see all his new tricks. He can sit up and grab his toys and is a full blown baby with a big personality.

We also went to Aaron Brothers today to take advantage of the penny sale and finally get some pictures up on our walls. Brian was really excited to take Aisling to her first art store. She had fun looking at all the colors and supplies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home