I survived

Well it is Thursday and I am still alive. I survived my first few days back at work. Sunday night was pretty miserable and emotional and Monday was pretty much gut wrenching, but it is getting a little easier. I think about Aisling all day long and have a million pictures scattered around my office so no matter which direction I look I can see her cute little face. I start watching the clock around 1:00 pm and I get more and more anxious as it gets closer to 4.
Everyone at work has been great too. Although I kind of wish people would stop asking me if it's hard. I want to say well Duh!!!! It has been nice to see Brian more too. He got me the new Nintendo game boy complete with Nintendogs for my first day back. It is a fun distraction when my shots are loading. We have also gone to the lot a few times for lunch. They are shooting Pirates again and there are all sorts of characters walking around, still no Jack Sparrow though.
I miss the baby terribly, but I think will be OK in the long run. She just loves Norma and is really happy so I know she is well cared for. I still wish it were me home with her though. I sometimes get jealous of the nanny, but I know it's for the best for now at least.

On a happier note, Aisling has a new friend. Arianwen Nia Wilhelmi was born on Monday. 17 weeks after Aisling and at the same hospital with the midwives. Mom and baby are doing well. I can't wait to meet the newest little baby in the pack. I know they will be great friends.


Also, Aisling had her first turn at playing guitar hero on Sunday. I thought the pictures were so cute I had to share them. She liked rocking out with dear old Mom and Dad. It was so fun to play with her, I remember when she used to kick the guitar through my belly about 4 1/2 months ago.

Also here is proof that Aunt Joan succeeded in teaching Aisling they joys of the soda cup. At Porto's on Sunday she kept grabbing Brian's coke.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home