Ice Ice Baby

This weekend I got back out on the ice and so did Aisling, minus the skates and only for two seconds. My old team the Chill had a hockey practice and, since it was at a good time and I have had a hankering to play again, I went. The practice was really fun. I was nervous I would be falling all over the place, but after a few wobbly laps around the ice, I felt fine. I was a slower version of my former hockey self. I have definitely lost my speed and my feet and ankles were killing me not being used to the confines of skates anymore, but I had so much fun. I got to see a lot of my old friends and introduce Aisling to them. She finally met Amy my D partner from the past. We had been trying to get together for ages, but finally met up for the first time this weekend.


Aisling was great as usual. We bundled her up in her little Canadian track suit that Grammy and Grandpa brought back for her from Vancouver, a Kings hat and a big blanket. Aisling was really interested in watching every one skate around until she fell asleep. After she woke up, she and Daddy were great cheerleaders for dear old Mom. It was so fun to look to the sidelines and see them both on the other side of the glass. At the end of practice we let Aisling step on the ice. She thought it was great fun (as seen at the top of this post). And on the way home she fell asleep holding her Tigger, dressed in hockey gear, stuffed animal. That's my girl!!!!!

On Sunday we went to Grammy and Grandpa's for some pool time fun. She was in the pool for a very long time and really liked it. She laid on the pool float and almost fell asleep too. It was so cute. She is getting so good at using her hands too. She grabbed my empty water cup and put it straight to her mouth and pretended to drink from it. I guess she has been watching and learning, it was amazing to see her do it though. Grammy Sue bought her a sippy cup and she was really good at getting it into her mouth. She's rolling over easily now and is on the verge of sitting up. She is growing and changing so fast these days.

1 Comments:
Tee hee! Looking at the picture of us on the glass with our scary-looking cages, I'm so glad wee Aisling didn't burst into frightened tears! ; ) - Amy P
Post a Comment
<< Home