Final Lap
Today we enter the 3rd trimester, we are officially 27 weeks. Three more months to go till this little girl is out. I can hardly wait either. My friend Kathy had her baby on Monday it was an early Christmas present as he wasn't due until the 1st week of January. I got to visit her a little bit on Wednesday and she and baby looked great. It made me realize that I am going to be having one of those baby contraptions of my own soon. It was pretty sobering, but also very inspiring. Now we wait for Ingrid and then it's my turn. I am so glad I have some great friends who are braving the path for me.
After 27 weeks of being pregnant, you may ask how things are going and how I am feeling. Well, I like to call it the good, the bad and the ugly. Let's start with the good. I am so excited and happy to be carrying my little girl. I am so attached to her already and I think about her 20 times every half second of every day. I love seeing and feeling her kick. I love dreaming about what she is going to be like. I love the way Brian is already so sweet and good to her. I wouldn't give it up for the world. Now for the bad, I feel pretty good most the time, but there are other times where being pregnant is no fun. The constant indigestion, the uncomfortable nights, the constant need to run to the restroom, not being able to breath after climbing one flight of steps and on and on. And of course there is the ugly, I don't exactly feel like a dainty princess. I am the heaviest I have ever been and am constantly knocking into things with my new girth. My feet swell up some nights so it looks like I have Elephant hobbit feet. I can barely reach my legs anymore to shave so I am starting to feel like King Kong. (sorry that may have been too much info) And I am just starting to develop stretch marks despite my obsessive applying of non-stretch mark lotion. So there it is, but no matter how uncomfy or frightening I look I still come back to the good. I love this baby and I can't wait for her to get here. I know the rest of it is temporary and the outcome is worth it. I may vent about it, but I wouldn't give up this experience for anything.
Anyway, it's Christmas Eve tomorrow and we will be celebrating with both families this weekend. We are calling it a very Carly Christmas (after Brian's folk's dog). I think it will be a great couple days. Our last one without Aisling.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home