Make like a tree and leave
I talked to HR yesterday and set a day to begin my maternity leave. It will start on February 20th and I should return to work sometime at the end of July. I'll actually have 4 weeks off before my due date to relax a bit. February 20th doesn't sound so far away either. I think things will start to really get busy baby wise after Christmas. I am anxious to see this little one and get my body back. I can't wait till March so I am hoping the time goes quickly.
The other fun thing that happened yesterday was seeing Aisling kick from outside. I saw the slightest little tremor on my stomach when she kicked. It was pretty cool and means she must be getting bigger. She is all over the place these days, kicking high then low then to opposite sides. I am certain she is doing the splits sometimes when I feel her kick both sides of my stomach at the same time. She also complains when I lean too far forward when sitting at my desk. She kicks like crazy. I think she is trying to tell me that I am crowding her space.

1 Comments:
Sorry, darling, the slowest most agonizing time drag so far has been month 8....... aahhh!!!!! I only expect "waiting for the kettle to boil" in month 9 to be worse! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home