Baby K

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Ironing board from hell!!!

I have tried my first two rounds of the "exercise" or should I say torture for turning this baby. I had no idea how hard and uncomfortable it would be. Here is what I got to do. I have to lean an ironing board against the seat part of the couch and then scoot up the board till my hips are way in the air, my head and upper back on the floor and my feet resting on the seat of the couch. Sounds complicated, well it is and extremely difficult to get into when you are 8 months pregnant. Lately if I drop something on the floor I leave it there and consider it gone forever. And now I have to manage these gymnastics. And it gets worse, I am supposed to stay in this position for 20 minutes, but by 10 minutes every drop of stomach acid has spilled into my throat and I have the worst feelings of acid reflux and have to fight the urge not to vomit for the next 10 minutes. Then comes the pain and recovery while everything settles back down into my pelvis when I dismount and try to regain my composure.

Everyone keeps telling me she will turn, Ethan was breech too so I hear from Tara and managed to turn on his own. I just want to avoid the C-section and am doing everything I can. It is a bit disheartening though. The exercise really stinks, but then so does a C-section, so I will try and endure it 20 minutes at a time 2-3 times a day until my next appointment where hopefully we will have some good news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home