Baby K

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Testravaganza


We had our first appointment with the midwives today. We totally loved them and I am so happy with our decision to switch over to them. I had lots of tests today as well. I had a TB test which wasn't too bad, just a little shot. A glucose test where I had to drink this super sweet orange flavored syrup (Of course, it had to be orange, one of my least favorite flavors) then wait an hour and then have a blood test. The waiting wasn't too bad. Brian and I went for a walk and found a botanical garden right across the street from the hospital. And finally we had another ultra-sound to make sure my placenta had moved out of the way. I was most nervous about the ultra-sound, because a bad result on this one would have meant C-section. But luckily it has moved and we are good to go on a delivery the old fashioned way.

I had a bit of a guilty conscience and totally confessed to eating horribly the last few weeks. The midwife Susan didn't even ask me, but I blurted it out anyway. She didn't seem too bothered by it, at least not as much as I was. I would be a terrible criminal with my big mouth and conscience. The over all trip, although long, was very pleasant. We will be seeing them every 2 weeks now.

1 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger IM said...

IS THAT AISLING'S LITTLE HEAD!?! HOW CUTE!!! Glad things went well today, placenta movement, liking the midwives, etc. Getting there!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home