Baby K

Friday, January 20, 2006

The video

We had our first childbirth class last night at Golden Bridge, which is my Yoga studio. They have lots of great programs for prenatal women and they are highly recommended by our midwives. The class was good. It was a bit crowded and we were all on cushions on the floor which was relatively comfortable, but hard to get up from. I have decided that there should be a rule against smelly foods in small rooms or crowded classes though. This guy next to us whipped out a bag of corn nuts halfway through class and the smell was pretty nauseating. I haven't smelled corn nuts since 9th grade. Blek!!!

In the class, she showed us some stretches and ways to relax as well as meditate. Then we watched a birthing video that was probably produced in the early 80's. It was hard not to laugh when the couples were being interviewed with their feathered hair and shoulder pads. But then we got to the birthing part and I have decided it was better when I still believed that the stork delivered babies. Yikes!!!!! Not pretty is all I need to say. I sure hope they teach us some good pain coping mechanisms over the next 3 classes, because the birth part looked pretty rough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home