Baby K

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Surprise

We had a big surprise today when I showed up for a meeting and walked face first into a surprise baby shower. It was a really nice treat, I had no idea my coworkers were planning anything. I, of course, turned bright red as usual, but we had a really nice celebration with our layout crew. They gave us a very generous gift card to Babies R Us and cute little hat and booties. Not to mention the yummy cake Elkeer baked for us, it was so good, don't tell my midwives.

We also met with our pediatrician today at lunch. He has a nice practice not too far from home in an old craftsman style house on Hillhurst near Los Feliz. I liked his philosophies and felt very comfortable there. He is a bit on the older side, picture a cross between Mr. Burns and the old bank owner from Mary Poppins. He comes highly recommended by friends, the midwives and my yoga place. I have read articles he has written in my favorite Mothering magazine too. Another reminder of where we live... He was Leonardo DiCaprio's pediatrician and I think Madonna sent her kids there. He is also Heidi Fleiss's dad, the Hollywood Madame.... Yes, we have a Hollywood baby. I just hope she doesn't want an agent anytime soon.

Last night we had our breastfeeding class. I learned a lot and feel like I will have a good foundation to start with. With that said, the class was excruciating, it was hot and we were stuck on these teeny folding chairs for 3 hours. I was really nauseous and about to faint for half the class. Plus the teacher was a really unpleasant and irritating New Yorker who kept trying to sell us stuff. I wish I had a better class experience, but at least the information will be useful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home